RIC V 2.0 SP 2010 VRE User Administration Toolkit - with FBA
The Research Information Centre, RIC, was developed in response to the need for:
- A single environment available to scientific researchers allowing them to access and manage all aspects of their work.
- An integrated, structured way for individuals and groups of researchers to have access to content, tools and other resources such as people and organisations.
The RIC is a dynamic, evolving framework that supports a network of interconnected hosted services and local installations, underpinned by a pool of shared resources.
Rather than creating one big solution package that has all the functionalities that you might ever need, RIC 2.0 has been broken down into different
WSPs (SharePoint Solution Packages). These WSPs enable specific features, allowing those deploying or using the RIC to select just what they need for their particular environments.
In the first instance, please refer to the
Pre-requisites and Softedge Templates page for instructions on:
RIC Install Sequence (Essential)
Pre-requisite installation and configuration for RIC 2.0
Softedge template deployment (Optional)
This Kit allows a user to:
- Independently register for an account
- login to the SharePoint environment once their account has been approved
- Change their password and
- Request password reminders if they forgot their password.
Provides documentation to allow the administrator to add new user and approve user.
Provides documentation for installing and configuring the WSP in a vanilla SharePoint environment, and includes download links for: